Taxes and Fees
Roosevelt City's property tax rate varies from year to year based on property values and City Council action; the property tax rate for fiscal year 2016 is .002600. Because property taxes are based on the location of the parcel being taxed and the various taxing entities levying a tax against that parcel, the total tax rate you see on your Property Tax Statement will vary.
In addition to property taxes, Roosevelt City receives slightly less than 1.5% of all taxable sales within the City. In Roosevelt City, the sales tax rate is broken down as follows:
- 4.70% (State Sales & Use Tax)*
- 1.00% (Local Sales & Use Tax)
- 0.25% (County Option Sales Tax)
- 0.30% (Highway Tax)
- 0.25% (Transportation Infrastructure Tax (.10% to Roosevelt City, .10% to BTA, .05% to County)
- 0.10% (Zoo, Arts, Park Tax)
- 6.60% (Combined Sales Tax Rate)
In addition to property and sales taxes, Roosevelt City may collect fees for various services performed throughout the city. Review the current fee schedule.