Business Licensing / Home Occupations

Want to start a business in Roosevelt? Here's how:

  1. Verify that the business meets Roosevelt City Zoning requirements for the business address/ primary location by contacting Planning and Zoning Division Manager, Drew Eschler 
  2. Register your business with the state at This will register your business with the Utah State Tax Commission, Utah Department of Commerce and Department of Workforce Services. Licenses will be issued with the business name as it appears on the state website. 
  3. If you can say “yes” to any of the following, you will also need to register with the IRS and obtain an EIN. 
    1. Do you have employees?
    2. Do you operate your business as a corporation or a partnership?
    3. Do you file any of these tax returns: Employment, Excise, or Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms?
    4. Do you withhold taxes on income, other than wages, paid to a non-resident alien?
    5. Do you have a Keogh plan?
    6. Are you involved with any of the following types of organizations?
      1. Trusts, except certain grantor-owned revocable trusts, IRAs, Exempt Organization Business Income Tax Returns
      2. Estates
      3. Real estate mortgage investment conduits
      4. Non-profit organizations
      5. Farmers' cooperatives
      6. Plan administrators
  4. If your business provides any of the following, you will need a permit from Tricounty Health:
    *Home businesses are not exempt from this requirement. 
    1. Pool/Spa on premises 
    2. Barbering/Cosmetology Services 
    3. Body Art / Tanning
    4. Food (Including Events and Food Trucks) 
    5. Daycare/ Preschool/ In-Home Daycare
    6. Public Lodging 
    7. RV/ Mobile Home Park
  5. Businesses selling foods under the Microenterprise Home Kitchen Act require a Tricounty health Permit. 
  6. Cottage Food Establishments require a permit from the Utah Department of Agriculture. 
  7. Obtain Copies of any additional Licenses/Permits your business may require
    1. Professional/ Occupational Licenses from the State of Utah
      1. Real Estate License 
      2. Cosmetologist/Barber
      3. Master Esthetician
      4. Massage
      5. Nail Tech
      6. Etc. (A complete list of licenses can be found at 
  8. To apply for a Roosevelt Business License, you will need: 
    1. Proof of registration with Utah State DOC
    2. State Tax ID Number
    3. EIN (if applicable)
    4. Health Department/Department of Agriculture Permits (if applicable) 
    5. Professional/Occupational Licenses (if applicable)  
    6. Business License Application, completed in full.

*Upon applying, the Roosevelt City Building Department will conduct a Fire and Safety Inspection of the business premises. Businesses must meet Fire and Safety codes prior to a license being issued. 

Licensing Fees

View the full Roosevelt City Consolidated Fee Schedule

Renew Your Business License Online

Online Renewal on Xpress Bill Pay