Roosevelt City is working with the Governor’s Office of Economic Development to offer Business Expansion and Retention (BEAR) sub-grants of up to $1,000 for Roosevelt City businesses who have suffered due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Businesses must have a current Roosevelt City business license and follow the application procedures listed below in order to qualify.
An online application form can be accessed at www.rooseveltcity.com/COVIDgrant. This application must be completed in full before June 30, 2020, and returned to Roosevelt City with ALL of the following documents in order to be considered:
- A completed application form, accessible at the link above.
- A copy of your current Roosevelt City business license.
- A Statement of Hardship in the form of a letter, addressed to Roosevelt City and written on your company’s letterhead, that includes ALL of the following information:
- How the COVID-19 pandemic has affected your business,
- An estimate of revenue lost for a one-month period during the epidemic,
- A requested amount of grant funds, up to $1,000.
- As proof of hardship, a bill or bills up to or exceeding the amount requested.
- If you request $1,000, the included bill or bills must equal or exceed that amount. If an applicant requests $1,000 but only turns in bills equaling $500, that business is only eligible to receive $500.
If a grant is awarded, businesses may use the funds for any regular business expenses such as utilities, rent, payroll, payroll taxes, employee health benefits, inventory, etc. Grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, and at the discretion of Roosevelt City, until funds are depleted or until the deadline of June 30, 2020. Because these are grant dollars, not loans, businesses will not be required to pay the funds back.
Completed applications and supporting documents should be submitted online via the link above before the deadline of June 30, 2020.